Product Liability Insurance
Protect your business from suits or claims that may come from the selling or manufacturing of products with Product Liability Insurance
Who Needs Product Liability Insurance?
If you or your company is part of the manufacturing process for a product you may want to carry Product Liability Insurance. If you unknowingly make a product outside of desired specs, use materials that are deemed a hazard to health, or simply fail to provide proper instructions you could be held accountable for damages to consumers or other companies.
Samples of Industries We Insure
From small production warehouses to multi-state manufacturing corporations we insure many manufacturers in industries like
✔ Plastics and Rubber Products
✔ Primary Metal
✔ Petroleum and Coal Products
✔ Computer and Electronic Product
✔ Textile Product Mills
✔ Fabricated Metal Product
✔ Beverage and Tobacco Product
✔ Wood Product
✔ Nonmetallic Mineral Product
✔ Leather and Allied Product
✔ Electrical Equipment, Appliance, and Component
✔ Textile Mills
✔ Transportation Equipment
✔ Printing and Related Support Activities
✔ Furniture and Related Product
Bodily Injury or Property Damage – Helps protect against certain claims businesses for claims alleging financial loss due to property damage or bodily injury arising out of your business operations or products.
Typical Coverages Provided
- Bodily Injury or Property Damage – This covers particular lawsuits claiming monetary losses as a result of property damages or bodily injuries emerging out of your business activities or products.
- Reputational Harm – Typically this covers areas of false arrest, malicious prosecution, libel, and slander as a manufacturer if sellers often rely on the quality or your product or piece of product to uphold their reputation. If your product is rated to last a certain number of operations and doesn’t meet that number you may be liable for reputational harm.
- Advertising Errors – Occasionally technical information about your product could be incorrect. Even if it not directly a result of your manufacturing (perhaps a supplier mixed up the materials) regardless you could be held accountable for not verifying all advertised information.
Common Types of Claims
- Manufacturing or Production Flaw The claimant declares that one or multiple aspects of the manufacturing course resulted in a flaw in the final product that was an unreasonable hazard.
- Design Defect The claimant argues that the product’s composition or construction is inherently dangerous.
- Defective Warnings or Instructions The claimant declares that the seller failed to adequately instruct potential users on appropriate use or uses of a product or fails to warn users of possible risks.
Stats That We Insure
✔ Alabama ✔ Arizona ✔ California ✔ Colorado ✔ Florida ✔ Georgia ✔ Illinois ✔ Indiana
✔ Kentucky ✔ Louisiana ✔ Mississippi ✔ Nevada ✔ New Jersey ✔ New York ✔ North Carolina
✔ Pennsylvania ✔ Tennessee ✔ Texas ✔ Utah ✔ Virginia ✔ West Virginia
We Work With More Than 60 Insurance Carriers Including:
Have Any Questions or Need Advice? Talk to a licensed Agent Free of Charge.
We are a different kind of insurance agency. We help you find answers.
The Key to Affordable Product Liability Insurance
We represent dozens of insurance companies with trustworthy brands you know. Our Licensed and accredited agents will guide you to a Product Liability Insurance Policy that fits your needs. We will show you your local tailored options without bias. All you have to do is sit back and enjoy the savings.
How Do We Provide the Best Inland Marine Insurance Prices?
It’s actually quite simple. Our agents are “Non-Captive” which means that, unlike other agents who can only offer policies form one company, we can get you quotes and policies from multiple carriers and multiple insurance companies. That is how we can vow to keep your best interest in mind!